Community Action Dacorum project coordinator – UK
Dacorum CVS (working name Community Action Dacorum) is an NGO based in Hemel Hempstead, UK and delivers at a local level a range of services to meet the needs of local community groups and individuals. These include:
– Support community groups to develop their expertise and knowledge through a range of practical services – training, payroll service, printing, minibus hire, governance and fundraising advice
– Adult Learning provision – deliver a range of work and leisure related courses, including English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Language Interpreter training, Confidence building for Employment, Exercise classes, Arts and Crafts courses
– Mobility Services – hire of scooters for individuals with mobility difficulties to access the town centre, shopping trips and day outings for older people, social car scheme
– Corporate Social Responsibility project – to link businesses into the community where they are located
– Interpreting and Translation Service – to enable members of the public overcome language barriers to access public services
– Radio Dacorum – internet community radio station
The activities at a local level provide the base of expertise to engage in a range of European trans-national projects. In recent years we have engaged in projects funded through Erasmus+, Europe for Citizens, European Social Fund, Lifelong Learning Programme and Youth in Action. We are accredited for EVS as a host and send organisation, have been active in the field of senior volunteering, led on large scale projects around language interpreting and migration, as well as being a partner in projects supporting youth, adults and people with disabilities into employment and the innovative use of technology to support language learning.
Active Citizens Partnership Partner – Greece
Active Citizens Partnership is an NGO based in North Eastern Greece. We have extensive experience to design and support programs that address contemporary training and social needs at national and European level. With the assistance of the State and the European Union have developed measures to prevent and tackle social problems and assist vulnerable groups. In order to provide a high quality service develops and operates innovative activities relating to:
– Studies and research in the field of non-formal education and training
– Development and implementation of technology enhanced training
– Greek language program for refugees and immigrants
– Entrepreneurship counseling and mentoring with special focus on unemployed and women.
Active Citizens Partnership has offices in Athens and in Sapes at the region of East Macedonia and Thrace and implements programs throughout Greece.
Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo “Danilo Dolci” Partner – Italy
Centre for Creative Development “Danilo Dolci” was established based on the experience of social and educational work carried out by Danilo Dolciand his collaborators, which started in Eastern Sicily back in 1952.The centre has successfully operated for more than ten years mainly in the educational sector at local and European level, focusing on two main pillars, as its name suggests:
– the Local Development, starting from the needs of the community and paying special attention to the most disadvantaged target groups;
– the Creativity, promoting innovation in education and using new methodologies to empower young and adults.
Iberika, Partner – Germany
iberika education group gGmbH is a private nonprofit adult education provider founded in Berlin in 1996. Our main purpose it to promote education, international attitude and tolerance in all fields of culture. In order to do it we organize and implement courses, seminars, workshops, meetings, exhibitions, performances and public discussions in the areas of new teaching / learning methods as well as motivation strategies for trainers and learners.
One of our pillars is the development and implementation of language new tendencies and technology based curricula. Iberika has been involved in European Projects since 2007 and our staff is familiar with development, implementation and dissemination of funded projects.
SwIdeas, Partner – Sweden
SwIdeas is a CSR oriented company based in Malmö working towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals 2030 for decent work and economic growth, reducing inequality and creating sustainable cities and communities. We create and develop ideas, projects and analysis which aim to create a more inclusive and sustainable society and train other in how to do this too.
Linguistic and cultural differences can be significant barriers to social inclusion and accessing information, support and care from public services and society. We run projects using education, capacity building and knowledge-sharing around these differences for schools, young people, employers and newly arrived. Through this, we believe that we can create greater understanding and inclusion among all members of our society.
Center RUNI, Partner – Bulgaria
RUNI was founded in 1996 in the capital of Bulgaria, Sofia and in 2007 was re-registered in Center RUNI EOOD. It offers good conditions and professionals in different spheres of education. The activities are in three main fields – formal education, non-formal education and working on national and international projects. The main goals of our work are gaining knowledge, social skills and qualities, which help people adapt to the dynamics of social changes and nowadays requirements. In order to achieve these goals RUNI Center applies modern and effective working methods, such as: training by co-experience and educational games, role playing games, simulations with feedback, visualizing, discussions, brainstorming, researches and others. The activities of RUNI Center aimed at forming creative thinking and developing social skills and personal qualities. In the center of all activities are partnership and team work. This way of work achieves tolerance and cooperation, effective communications and constructive decision making, successful conflict management, provides support and emotional acceptance for the students as well as reduces their fear of failure.
The main activities offered by RUNI in the sphere of non-traditional education are intellectual development programs and trainings for social skills. The main goals of the programs are developing certain skills and abilities, such as personal and other people`s acceptance, tolerance, flexibility, self-confidence and resistance to the negative influence of the social environment. Trainings are pointed to development of intellectual recourses, vocational guidance, project working, international educational tourism, debating, conflict decision training, psychometric tests.